- Posted by admin
- On November 4, 2018
- 0 Comments
- British, Schofield, Watches
Giles Ellis answers six questions on the subject of watch dial design and explains the processes, both technical and creative, that help get a project off the ground. He discusses what he loves in a dial and the mistakes made by even the biggest brands.
In this first of a new series of podcasts produced by Schofield Watch Company, Giles and Harry discuss the following six questions:
- What’s the deal with designing a new watch?
- How have your ideas about making a dial changed from when you first designed the Signalman?
- Which watches do you think have the best dials and why? What makes an iconic dial?
- What do you really hate in a dial?
- What are the different stages of dial manufacture?
- How does the design of the dial affect the rest of the watch, from the case to the strap?